CLF Spec Review Period

Not just apps, but Finder QuickLook will work automatically if the extension ends in .xml, which would be useful.

Both specs were definitely released with .amf and .clf extensions, so no .xml to make easier opening up those files with standard XML editors.

It might be a minor thing, but I do find many software platforms can be annoyingly fussy with number syntax, so I think it would be good to provide a little extra clarity in this spec document. Specific problems I come across are 1) whether a leading “+” is permitted for positive numbers (the plus is often found in matrix definitions), and 2) whether floating point values may omit a decimal part (i.e. is “1” acceptable instead of “1.0”).

Hi John, thanks for reviewing this!

I think you raise a good point and I will put this on the agenda for the VWG meeting this coming Tuesday. If anyone knows of a good reference for allowed numeric formatting syntax we could point to, please let me know.

We should also include an example with various formatting permutations in the test suite. There are already many examples of your second case (along with many other variations) but none with your first case, it seems.

FWIW, the OpenColorIO implementation of CLF does support both of the two cases you mention.

Doug